Abercrombie Precinct Redevelopment Project - Expression of Interest (EOI) - EOI/2012/149
The University has a long term strategic plan that, amongst other things, includes the delivery of a number of major new buildings on campus. One of these projects is required to house the University of Sydney Business School, the main component of the Abercrombie Precinct redevelopment.
The Abercrombie precinct on the southern edge of the campus is being redeveloped. It involves a site of approximately 1.92 hectares that is zoned Special use (University). The Site presently comprises a number of buildings owned by The University, and two roadways owned by the City of Sydney Council.
It is proposed to construct a new facility accommodating the Business School faculty and general teaching spaces, with a total gross floor area of approximately 34,935m2, and an approximate construction value of $150M, including:
- Usable floor space offering teaching and learning space as well as workspace for academic and support staff over five (5) levels;
- The teaching and learning spaces include one (1) 550-seat lecture theatre, three (3) x 300-seat lecture theatres, eight (8) x 100-seat case study rooms, 40 seminar rooms of varying sizes, six (6) computer labs and associated circulation areas to cater for over 4,400 students;
- A Learning Hub that will facilitate new eLearning initiatives
within The University;
- Offices for a total of 490 academic and administration staff;
- A Dean’s unit;
- A ground level cafe;
- A two-level basement car park providing 83 car spaces;
- Modification works to the Economics and Business Building
H69, including a new connection with the new Business School;
- An environmentally sustainable building asset to the University of a high level.
Key mandatory criteria for this project are:
1. Third party certified Quality Management System to AS/NZS ISO 9001:2000 Standard
2. Third party certified Environmental Management System to AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004 Standard
3. Third party certified Occupational Health & Safety System to AS/NZS 4801 or OHSHSISO 18001Standard
4. Evidence of compliance with the requirements of the National Code of Practice for the Construction Industry
5. Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance policies to the value of $50M each
It is also a preference of the University that proponents have a proven ability to undertake design & construct institutional projects of a similar value and nature to the Abercrombie Precinct Redevelopment.
Contact : Srinath Vitanage
Register Interest Fee : $AUD 150.00 ( +GST if applicable)
Close Date : Monday, 8 October 2012 3:00 PM
Documentation is available via: http://sydney.edu.au/procurement_services/supplying/etender.shtml